Metal Briquette Machine Guideline
What is a metal briquette machine
Metal briquette machine presses the metal waste under high pressure into a briquette form. Normally it is used to reduce the storage cost as well as the conversion ratio in the furnace for metal recycling. The study shows the energy cost to get metal from metal recycling is only 50-90% by using raw minerals. Also, this will help to reduce the exhaust on the metal manufacturing process.
Energy consumption from recycling compare to use raw mineral
- Zin 62%
- Pb 73%
Common metal waste
Aluminium swarf/chips, Cast Iron swarf/chips, Copper swarf/chips, Steel swarf/chips, Stainless Steel swarf/chips, Brass swarf/chips, Titanium swarf/chips, Nickel swarf/chips, etc.
Material – where the metal waste usually comes from
- Scrapped machinery, equipment, metal parts.
- Cutting waste, scrap.
- Discarded metal products in daily life.
- Non-ferrous metal smelting waste, such as iron oxide skin (mill scale), slag, smoke dust.
The raw metal chips requirement
No requirement on the moisture. There’s no need to worry if your metal chips if with coolants, actually, the metal briquette machine squeezes out harmful coolants from metal shaving, expel up to 99% moisture from the bulk materials.
The feeding size is very important for the briquetting process no matter what kind of briquetter you are using. Small particles very help to make high-quality briquette, with consideration of feeding section and the briquette quality, raw metal chips with size under 30mm is much acceptable.
Use a hydraulic briquetting to briquette the metal chips
The hydraulic briquetting system has a much larger briquette force than other types of briquette machine, long pressure holding time further makes the briquette perfect.
Work with the hydraulic briquetting machine to compacting your scrap metal, improve your bottom line and reduce waste from industrial turnings, filings, chips, clippings and even metallic dust.
The benefit from making metal briquette
- Briquetting increases the value of you metal chips and turns them into an ongoing income stream.
- Briquetted material helps alleviate any potential cross contamination with other materials.
- Briquettes are almost free of CNC coolant compared with loose metal chips and don’t leak coolant during transportation around the factory or en route to the recycler.
- Briquetters eliminate the need for drying racks or centrifugal dryers, removing a costly handling process.
- Transportation, handling and storage costs are lowered as a result of the volume reduction achieved through briquetting.
- Machine briquette counters allow you to accurately monitor the amount of scrap being produced.
- Briquetting your swarf allows a substantially more localised and tidy storage of your scrap, thus reducing your occupational health and safety risks.
A DRI (sponge iron) briquette plant with hydraulic briquetting machine
DRI has ways to deal with including use the hydraulic briquetting system, big silos supplies buffer for final feeding, make the system with single structure, easy for operation. One set of hydraulic briquette machine with capacity too small and usually we join them together for getting a much higher capacity.
Metal briquette from hydraulic briquetting machine
Find more specification for hydraulic briquetting machine here